Chemical characterization of metal-nonoates
The peculiar characteristics of metal-nonoates, besides the controlled release of NO, are:
- Precision – because they release 2 mol of NO in a controlled manner.
- Efficacy – the release of NO is due to the reaction of the pro-drug with water.
- Solidity – metal-nonoates are stable at room temperature also and it can be easily handled and transported.
- Versatility – metal-nonoates can be engineered to have various compounds having several NO release kinetics.
- Absence of toxicity – preclinical tests results will be soon available online.